ACUPUNCTURE APPOINTMENT LATE CANCELLATION POLICY
Your appointment time is reserved specifically for you. If you need to reschedule or cancel for any reason, please let me know ASAP. Appointments cancelled within 24 hours of their scheduled time will be charged the full amount of the appointment.
If for some reason Amy K needs to cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours notice to you, I will happily comp you your rescheduled appointment to thank you for your flexibility.
Patients arriving late to their appointment will be seen for the remaining amount of scheduled time. For example, if a patient has a 5:00pm appointment and arrives at 5:20pm, their treatment will still conclude at 5:50pm and the patient will be expected to pay the full cost of treatment.
Payment is due at the time of service.
Amy K Acupuncture does not currently bill health insurance. However, please check with your insurance company to see if they will cover acupuncture services. If so, we will be happy to provide you with a receipt for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. If it is an option for you, we encourage you to use your Health Savings Account (HSA) to pay for your treatment.
Amy K Acupuncture is a small business, there fore cash and checks are preferred, but MasterCard, Visa, and American Express are accepted. Checks can be written out to Amy K Acupuncture.
This notice describes our office’s policy for how medical information about you may be used and disclosed, how you can get access to this information, and how your privacy is being protected.
In order to maintain the level of service that you expect from our office, we may need to share limited personal medical and financial information with your insurance company¸ with Worker’s Compensation (and your employer as well in this instance), or with other medical practitioners that you authorize.
Safeguards in place at our office include:
- Limited access to facilities where information is stored.
- Policies and procedures for handling information.
- Requirements for third parties to contractually comply with privacy laws.
- All medical files and records (including email, regular mail, telephone, and faxes sent) are kept on permanent file.
Types of information that we gather and use: In administering your health care, we gather and maintain information that may include non-public personal information:
- About your financial transactions with us (billing transactions).
- From your medical history, treatment notes, all test results, and any letters, faxes, emails or telephone conversations to or from other health care practitioners.
- From health care providers, insurance companies, workman’s comp and your employer, and other third part administrators (e.g. requests for medical records).
We value our relationship, and respect your right to privacy. If you have questions about our privacy guidelines, please call us during regular business hours at 1-612-276-2695.