I’m Amy Kuretsky and I’m a health coach, acupuncturist, herbalist, cyclist, paleo foodie, and dog lover. I coach creative entrepreneurs to be their healthiest selves – to tap into the energy that is the source of everything we do.
My holistic guidance and support—body, spirit, and health—is about making a deeper change in your well being – as a whole being.
But what I’m really known for is helping type-A people find their own personal brand of “balance” in order to stay sane and healthy
I love working with creative professionals who struggle with anxiety and the terrible “pit-in-your-gut” feeling that stems from the weight of deadlines and expectations.I believe 100% that we play an active and integral part in our own health.
We can’t just watch from the sidelines. We need to take an active role, and I'm here to coach you through. Because our energy and our health fuels our hustle – so we can keep creating the work and life we love.
I’VE BEEN IN YOUR SHOES BEFORE
I’ve been sick. And tired. And totally tired of being sick and tired. I followed my doctor’s orders. Took the meds. (Even the scary, strap you down with an IV in your hand for 6 hours meds.) And I felt better...for a while.
But I was so used to being sick (and tired), that once the meds started managing my sickness, I was thrilled. But then, over time, I realized that I didn’t just want to manage my disease. I wanted to free myself from the constraints it imposed on me.
Skip ahead five years, thousands of hours of reading (and learning and treating). Add in a few dramatic diet and lifestyle changes, and here I am today. Now I'm four years pharmaceutical free and healthier than I’ve been my entire life.
This isn’t just a fluke story. People everywhere are taking the steps to change their lives. You can do it too.
Because whatever you’re dealing with isn’t YOUR disease. It’s a thing you are dealing with, but it does not define you. You’re not your insomnia, or IBS, or fibromyalgia—you’re a badass boss. And I can help you take control of your health so you can own it again.
Someday I’ll tell you my whole story. But first I’ll need to re-read Brene Brown’s book on vulnerability and pry myself away from this jar of almond butter.
WHAT YOU GET FROM WORKING WITH ME
You'll get my expertise in the gutbrain connection, traditional Chinese medicine, mindfulness techniques, a wide variety of nutritional plans (just because I eat paleo doesn't mean I'm going to force you over to the dark side, too), and a decade of experience in natural health care.
I'll give you a clearly outlined and customized-for-you road map focusing on four foundational areas of health and wellness: nourishing the gut, quieting the brain, moving the body, and sleeping soundly.
I'll be your coach—not just your cheerleader—to motivate you to keep going when the road is rough (and give you a little tough love when necessary). I will help you bring out that ideal picture of health that’s inside you—only you innate knowledge to know what that is, but my job is to ask you the questions and give you the tools to help you find it. Then together, we’ll create a plan to help you get on the path toward that ideal picture of health.
Working with me will result in a happier, calmer, more rested you. You'll no longer be trapped by constant hormone swings, anxiety, or insomnia. You'll have more energy to spend time with your family, participate in activities that give you pure joy, and have a level of health that actually fuels your hustle and is evident in everything that you do! You'll sit in the driver’s seat of your life.
WHAT I’M DOING NOW
- Releasing myself from the dreaded sugar demon and teaching you how to do the same.
- Getting comfortable in front of the camera during my daily Instagram stories. (Watch the stories here!)
- Chilling everyone out at work. And before work. And after work.
- Digging deeper into my woo-woo side by completing my Reiki Level II certification. (But only after I stop by The Enchanted Rock Garden and stock up on some more crystals.)
- Working on treating myself as well as I treat everyone else.
THE BORING (AND NOT SO BORING) STUFF
● I’m licensed in acupuncture by the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice.
● I took the national Chinese herbology board exam 10 days after a major concussion and passed with flying colors. (Thanks, Mom, for the reminder to always wear my bike helmet!)
● I received my health coaching training from Wellcoaches School of Health and Wellness Coaching in their evidence- based coaching training for health practitioners.
● I graduated Summa Cum Laude from Northwestern Health Sciences University with a Masters Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
● I traveled to Tianjin, China, to learn from some awesome and famous doctors at the Tianjin University for Traditional Chinese Medicine (TUTCM) on how to treat stroke recovery patients. They taught my classmates and me their famous acupuncture protocol Xing Nao Kai Qiao (watch this amazing film clip to learn more) which I used with frequent success back in the US while treating patients at the Courage Center (now Sister Kenny Courage). I saw some incredible needling techniques and ate almost everything that crossed my path (yes to the scorpion, no to the stinky tofu). I even got fireneedled.
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, SOME RANDOM TIDBITS
● When I was 21 I worked at the Kinsey Institute for Sex, Gender, and Reproduction (yes, that Kinsey) and my first day on the job was spent cataloging a box full of vintage dildos. (Weirdest first day on the job ever!)
● I’ve never been super athletic, and while playing Tball in 1st grade I made the rookie mistake of running towards my Mom and Dad in the bleachers after the coach told me to "Run home!" So, it's no surprise that I was also a synchronized swimmer for a year in my teens.
● While I've spent most of my life in Minneapolis, MN, a small part of my heart will always be true to Buddytown, USA. (Otherwise known as Bloomington, IN.)
● I’m obsessed with Polaroids.